That Night

The last thing I expected to see was that shadow. That tall black figure with a long skinny body and long black legs. Its arms were behind its back. As I stare at this frightening figure, I hear noises that I thought came from behind me. I turn around but nothing was there.
When I first bought this house, the agent had told me that it was haunted but I didn’t believe him.
Now as I stand watching the shadow approaching me, I realise that this house IS a haunted house!
I close my eyes trying to forget about the figure that was approaching me. When I opened my eyes, I saw a large round bump moving along under my carpet. I have no clue what it was. My heart started pumping really fast. I jumped up onto the table, forgetting the dark shadow. I grabbed a knife but before I could move, I remembered the shadow. It had come behind me, grabbing my legs. I try to turn around but I couldn’t it had grabbed me hard. The dark figure turned to me and took the knife from me. Pointing it towards me I swallow the last bit of saliva that was in my dry mouth. I knew I was dead. As soon as the shadow put the knife on my neck, the bump came under the dark figure tripping it over. I ran while I could - straight to my room and pulled the covers above my head.
At this point I could hear my heart beating more than 100 times a minute. A cold shiver ran through my body while I was thinking about what happened just a second ago. A strange wind blew. It blew all my blankets off. When I look up there it is it was, that tall black figure. It came closer and closer. It held the knife to my neck again. I hesitate…
Not knowing what to do once again, I screamed a scream of shock and pain as the room began to go dark…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!