Hearts Flower

A letter, from me to you,
Hello my child, my dearest Anne. This will be the last you ever see of me, and I would like to let you know, from the bottom of my heart, that I am thankful for all that you have done for me.
On that cold, foggy day, when I was alone, weeping for my boy that went and never came back from that terrible war, I saw, through my fogged up window, a little figure approaching my house.
I dried my tears, as best I could, and hobbled, as best I could, to the door.
I had just reached it when you knocked on it. I opened the door, and looked down at you, as you looked up at me. You gave me a tulip, which you had been holding tight in your hands, as you said, “My papa is gone too.”
With that, you hugged my waist, and cried with me. That day I will never forget.
As I write this last letter of thanks, I look up, and see a picture of my boy in uniform, the tulip you gave me that day, sitting by it, now quite withered but still so dear.
Thank you, Anne- from the bottom of my heart,
Mrs. Mary May

Dear Mr. Simms
I enclose to you, my last will, as my disease and my broken heart have now got the better of me. You shan't see me any more. Goodbye
Mrs. Mary May

Enclosed in the above letter:

The Last Will and Testament of Mrs. Mary May,
To Miss. Anne Greenway I leave all, to be given to her when she reaches the age of 21, except for the photo and the tulip on my table, which are to be given to her now.
Signed, Mrs. Mary May

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!