Voice Of The Small

There was a cool breeze in the evening. The sky was starting to be slightly tainted with sun-setting ,Orange. A family of beetles scurried into their leafy homes. All the creatures that took residency in the backyard of 13 Creature street, Beetleton, knew what to do when it was evening time. They all knew that the giant human youngs would come out to play at that time with a huge round thing which was soft . Unfortunately their character was of two extremes.One's hobby was to kill small beings such as beetles,ants etc. The other liked the creatures Which made him sympathetic towards them. But beetles were afraid of the elder one, the meanie who crushed animals.
As the sun was about to set, what they feared the most came on Boom!Boom!.Soon cheerful laughter was heard. The YOUNG GIANTS HAD COME BACK FROM SCHOOL! The beetles kept their youngs close to them and became extremely silent and hid under the leaf as much as they could. The younger giant exclaimed, "As always the creatures leave when we're out because of you!" He scolded his elder brother. The elder's name was Jack,Younger being Jake. Jack retorted, "Jake you are young, you know less than me we are boys so we should be mean to animals understand bro." "Absolutely NOT!!!" "Being a boy you should show kindness respect and responsability. If you are elder than me you ought to know that!!"
Meanwhile the beetle family was upset ,as they came to know that one member was missing the 5 year old one. Before anything could be done Jack spied him. "Well, Well what do we have here?"
"Lost your mummy hey?", Jack said lifting the baby beetle up.
"Please don't kill me I am innocent". But all Jack heard was silence. Jack posed as if to squeeze it. Not before Jake gave Jack a big push.
In the beetles' house they silently chanted Go Jake, Go Jake! But while in fight, Jack lost balance and moved his arm toward his nose. This gave the young beetle a chance to bite Jack. Aaaaeee! shouted Jack. he shouted with a bulging red nose. His grip loosened on the young beetle. Jack fell to the ground and lost sense of getting up due to severe pain. Jake caught the beetle gently and suddenly he realised he could hear them Speak!!" You rock" he recieved from all the beetles.As he put the beetle down gently next to its family, he was secretly invited to a party organised by the beetle clan. It was apparently at 12:00am so that everyone would be asleep.
Jack cried as he ran indoors. He was fixed quite quickly but he said that the pain presisted.
It was at last time to sleep. Jake set his alarm to 12:00am. and Beep, Beep,Bee.. The alarm went off ,he stealthily slipped into to the dark garden. Jake could hear the beetles say "This way "! He litrally was in the air. The flies flew at his face level and offered him snails but he refused and he had his own party food which the creatures enjoyed especially the popcorn.
The party continued till 1am. He tiptoed back to the bedroom and slept quite quickly.
He dreamt about the creatures' liberty and happiness.
Jack never touched any creature again and he still does not.
Jake continues to love animals and creatures and sometimes he hears the baby beetle(who now is an adult) saying THANKYOU JAKE!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!