The First Fleet

One day in Botany Bay came a ship from England. It came slowly at first but soon it came to full view. The Aboriginals thought that the ship was a sea monster. To them it was like a dream so they grabbed their spears and started waving them shouting, go away, stay back. Eventually they ran back to their tribe.
Once the natives left, Captain Arthur Phillip decided to set a shore. When all the convicts were off the ship (the Supply was the ships name) they were very restless. Captain Phillip and some of the marines went to explore Botany and decided to camp at Botany.
A few weeks after the Supply had arrived and the huts were built a storm came and the huts fell,that was when Captain Phillip decided to explore for somewhere else to build the colony. After a long day of searching Captain Phillip decided to build the colony on the other side of the peninsula, in Port Jackson.
The convicts were amazed by how Port Jackson looked, they thought it was the most beautiful bay ever.
When Captain Phillip anchored the Supply and set ashore he went to look again and explore port Jackson but this time he explored for longer. While Captain Phillip was exploring one of the marines got bitten by a snake and nobody noticed. Once Captain Phillip finished exploring and turned around he said "where's marine Morris?" All the marines ran back the way they came and saw marine Morris lying on the ground dead with snake bites all over him. Captain Phillip realised that while this beautiful land was like heaven on earth, there still are wild deadly predators like sharks and snakes.
This was also true for the marines and guards who thought they were coming for a better life, opportunity and a small wage. Now they have to watch there backs not only from convicts and natives but also wild animals.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!