Of John And Pendragon

This is a story of John and Pendragon, John is a man that's 36 years old he is tall with black hair, a moustache and slight stubble on the face. He has green eyes and pale skin. He has a friend called Pendragon, Pendragon is a but younger than John at age 16 but makes up for it because she is not a person but a creature that can talk. She is a Chickgon which is a cross between a chicken and dragon although she is the size of a chick she certainly talks enough to make up for her size. She has little yellow feathers over her body but small but strong wings of a white, grey colour.

A Chickgon can do more than just fly because once being a mystical creature that we know as a dragon she has great power she can't use it much but when she does it never brings out goodness. Her power is magic but because magic in this modern day is being forgotten it's all slowly dying out taking all the magical creatures with it. That's not the big problem though the big problem is that the earth itself is built upon magic. The end of the earth is coming but that's thousands of years away the creatures will go first.

John depends a lot on Pendragon she was the one that got John out of a bad point in his life where he had nothing left. It was all taken he lost his house when he was younger but he at least still had his family then when he was 20 he then lost his family in an accident with some drunk drivers. Since then John has depended on Pendragon.

And with Pendragon's very limited use of magic they can't protect themselves very well so if there were an issue to arise Pendragon using magic once could leave John alone once again.

Then there was that issue to arise it was at night on New Years Eve and John and Pendragon were having so much fun it just went to the New Year when it happened it was an incident that involved a man that was covered in dark clothing and John. The man snuck up behind John as John was fascinated by the fireworks going off in the dark sky but Pendragon saw the man and used the last of her magic that she could before she had none left and shouted, "Forþ fleoge" and the man was blown back into the concrete.

The knife flew out of this mysterious mans hand and straight into Pendragon in her stomach falling to the ground John saw and ran to Pendragon as Pendragon's strength to keep her eyes open was failing she started using the last of her strength and said, "Please just don't be alone." Then that was it a Chickgon has left the world the last one another magical and mystical race has become extinct.

That was years ago and that was the story of my great grandfather John he ended up getting married to a woman called Nikki and had one child which he named in honour of his deceased friend and saviour Pendragon. I wish I knew John but knowing that I am a great grandchild of his is an honour. He was saved by a remarkable creature, that I wish was still alive at least John, fulfilled Pendragon's last plea and that has let the John's family, my family to continue on and maybe see the day where the magic stops and maybe then I will meet Pendragon.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!