Voyage Of A Thousand Words

My heart was beating fast,NO! it was beating extremely fast. I tried to cling on to my life,but it may have just come to its end.

I woke up startled,I was drowning in sweat.I don't know if i was dreaming or not.It all seemed so real, all those endless pots of gold and those magical creatures that call me their queen.

But i was not alone, the creatures have told me about the evil ruler of the underworld who they not dare say his name, DeGusman. He was a powerful beast that could kill any living things with a simple grasp.

Every time I fall asleep, I wake up venturing in an unknown world called Barca. Filled with never ending food and water, it was like heaven. No words can describe its beauty. All the creatures call me their queen,I bring justice to the land, but every night when I sleep there, I wake up sweating in the real world.


I don't know what caused this, but sometimes these dreams become nightmare.

Walking through the enchanted forest is one of my favorite things to do in Barca. Wandering around and exploring this beautiful wonderland, imagining if life could just stay this good.


But i knew that that would never happen. Even of the joys of Barca,we all know that one day when DeGusman will rise, our land will shatter.


That is why i try to enjoy my dreams before they become a nightmare.


Once DeGusman will rise, my powers would fade. Nightmares would begin to come, and my life would become such a misery.


I knew we had to fight but how?


I have no plan of what to do. I am afraid of him.










THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!