The Fires Of A Spring

My foot slipped and I started to fall. It all started when I was having my banana for lunch. I threw my banana and expected it to land into the bin as usual but today, it landed on top of Marilyn Pierce. As I looked towards her I saw her eyes shining like richest emerald and had the most extravagant brown hair. I was terrified and I didn't know what to do so I acted as if I didn't throw it. Marilyn was the school captain and she had many privileges and rights such as teachers would regard her opinions higher than normal students. She knew it was me and pretended to throw the banana peel away and just when I turned around, she threw it in front of my shoes. As I took the next step, I started to fall and carelessly, I face planted. The most embarrassing thing was that I did it in front of a large amounts of people. Blood trickled down my nose and my cheeks, I felt myself burning and my cheeks going red. I heard people laughing and teasing me, in front of everyone was Marilyn, Lexia and her gang all snickering. As my visions cleared I heard an ambulance noise and then, passed out again. When I came to sight again I realised I was in a hospital with lots of students. They all acted as if something really terrible had happened but I knew they didn't care. The doctors and nurses were bandaging a large amount of my face. They insisted on not bandaging on my lips but I just threw a lot of loud and angry words at them to try and indicate that I was scared of blood. Luckily they kind of understood what I was trying to say and bandaged my lips too. As they finished bandaging and I looked at myself in the mirror and I saw myself bandaged up, the only parts that were not bandaged was my eyes and nose. I felt as plain as a zombie would. My parents arrived as fast as they could and they picked me up. The next day my parents went to the principle and asked if needed to come to school and who was the child who did this. As soon as I heard that I realised they took the wrong turn, I knew Marilyn would win this fight with my parents for sure. As Marilyn walked with her gang, The vice-captain Lexia was a bit apart from Marilyn. It seemed strange because they were normally good friends.
"Marilyn, please come over here" said the principle.
Marilyn walked very slowly as she was losing confidence, for once I noted that my parents might actually win this fight.
" do you know any of this?" said the principle in a quiet manner.
I realised he was ashamed as she was the school captain and she was supposed to be a role model of good things not bad.
"Yes Sir, Xavier was eating a banana and he threw it in front of his own shoes and slipped".
The principle seemed satisfied.
I felt my blood boiling since I knew Marilyn was going to get away with it but I couldn't speak since the doctors covered my lips with bandage. Suddenly out of the unexpected, Lexia spoke up.
"It was Marilyn sir"
I never knew what happened happened except me being vice-captain and Lexia School captain since I fainted again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!