Never Trust A Whitecoat

Tears streamed down your face as you ran from the screams. Or at tried, at least. But they were everywhere, like the suited dogs guarding this hellhole. Out of energy, you fell to the ground crying, curling up in a ball on the white floors. You knew that there was no escape, and that what happened to the others will happen to you too.
You sat there – how long you didn’t know – waiting for the white demons to drag you off to another white room where you’ll get chopped up or force-fed poison. It doesn’t matter anyway, because everyone is gone. Family, friends, even the classmates you hated. All gone. And it was your fault. A series of mistakes, starting with the rabbit hole. Every move made in that cursed place was a mistake. And then there was the one that made you realize how big of a hole you had dug yourself into. Going back to reality.
Was it a dream? Or wasn’t it? It didn’t matter, because they knew you had been to that place, that the white rabbit had pushed you down, and that you had stayed.
You started to shake, wanting to sleep and never wake up to face the reality, but you couldn’t; the fear wouldn’t let you. You kept weeping, till there was nothing but dry sobs left.
A man in a white science coat walked up to you, footsteps echoing “Are you alright? I’ll help you up, come on.” The friendly voice rang through the empty hallway. Looking up to see an outstretched hand, you grabbed it and the stranger helped pull you up. As you stood up, your legs gave way and you closed your eyes, bracing yourself for the cold pain that was the floor.
But it didn’t come. Only the warmth around your waist. Slowly opening an eye, you looked up to see your savior; the same red hair from the man who helped before. Turning around in his arms, you poked him in the chest – hard – to make sure he was real.
Caught off guard by the action, he lost his balance and tipped backwards onto the floor with a yelp. Still in his grip, a squeal escaped as you followed, hitting his chest and winding him before rolling over to escape his grasp.
There was a short silence before the person next to you burst out laughing, successfully freaking you out. You scrambled away, staring at the stranger like he was mad.
Wait. You’d seen him before…
“D-Do I know you?” you asked cautiously, knowing he was probably dangerous – being a whitecoat and all.
He gave a sheepish smile “Maybe~” he sang before continuing “But I know you. I can help you get out of here.” He turned towards you, his care-free personality turning malicious as he stepped towards you. “H-How?” you stuttered, gut screaming that it was dangerous.
But you knew it was too late - as you hit the wall behind, he pulled out a knife.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!