Never Alone Again

As I walk to the yard of a tall house, I can’t help but feel even shyer about seeing him. At the door of the house he stood, tall, and looking proud. Feeling slightly warmed and comforted by his smile. I run towards him. Slamming myself full force into his body, sending him tumbling down. There I lay on top of him looking deep into his blue eyes, so beautiful, full of life and innocence. Fits of giggles take over, I don’t know whether its nerves, or the fact that Blake looks fully confused. Through the fits of giggles I manage to stammer out a quiet “hi” He sounds a chuckle of his own, deep yet calming “Why hello there.”
I don’t care if I look stupid right now; I really don’t, because for once in a long time I was truly happy, happy with the love of my life. I wrap my arms tightly around him and bury my face into his chest. Again I hear him laugh, he starts to stand up and not wanting to lose him I just grip on tighter. Somehow managing to stand up he lifts up legs and holds me bridal style. My face still buried into the amazing man’s chest.
I sigh happily feeling the soft movement from him walking. Feeling happy and safe in his arms, I slowly start to doze off. But before sleep could quite reach me, my back hits something soft, as my arms are unwrapped from Blake, and my legs placed down. In a panic from him being gone, my eyes snap open, wide with fear as I search for him. Turning around there he was sat, as gorgeous as ever, staring confused at me.
Looking down I can’t help but let a tear slide down my face. Closing my eyes I look down, flinching slightly as a hand touches my chin tilting my head upwards “Shh, baby, it’s okay” Reaching forward I latch onto Blake again. “Please don’t go again.” I mumble into his arm. “I don’t want to be alone again.” His arms snake around my waist pulling me more onto him. His breath touches my ear as he whispers “You’ll never have to be alone again.”
Nodding slightly, I stay still my arms selfishly around him. His hand rubs small calming circles onto my lower back. He sways slightly, humming a tune so beautiful, that I swear angels must have made it. Head rested on his shoulder, my eyelids start to lower, a small yawn escapes my lips as a light kiss is planted on my forehead. “Goodnight wittle spoon” Blake smiles, smiling ever so slightly I murmur back “Goodnight cuddle bear” at that I let the warming darkness take me to sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!