Zombie Apocalypse

I was on a bench in the hospital. It was dead silence. The hospital entrance door opened with a loud thump. I was shocked as there was blood covering his face. I called the doctor but he was too busy so I went closer to the stranger to ask what had happened. As I got closer to him, he jumped onto me. I was shocked because he tried to bite me, so I used my force to push him away. I quickly ran into the Emergency Room where my friend was getting treatment. Two hours earlier… New York, Philadelphia, 27th September 2017, Summer, 12 midday I was at home watching TV and eating my cereal as I had just come back from the army. I saw the photo pinned on the wall. The photo got my attention because it had my friends and me in it. It was Yuri, Soap, Price and I. We were in a special force. I heard a loud knock on the door and went to open it. It was my friend, Soap, from the special force. “What are you doing here, Soap?” I asked. I saw his leg bleeding. “We need your help, Logan,” Soap gasped. “What do you mean ‘we’?” I asked in a confused voice. Soap fainted. I quickly carried him into the car that Soap had driven to my house. There was blood all over the driver’s seat. I turned the ignition clockwise and hurried to get to the hospital. While I was driving through the town to get to the hospital, I noticed burned down shops and damaged cars. I thought to myself that it was some kind of war. Then I saw a stranger in my way. I honked at him so that he could move away. Instead of moving away he turned around and stared at me. There was blood covering his face and body. Then he turned around and charged at me. I then stepped on the accelerator and ran him over. I turned around to see if the stranger was alive. I then changed my gear stick to reverse and ran him over again. After that without even looking to see if the stranger was alive, I changed my gear stick back to drive and kept on looking straight, as I thought to myself, “What the hell is going on”? When I reached the hospital I took soap out of the car and open the entrance. I told the doctor that my friend needed medical attention. The doctor brought Soap into the Emergency Ward and started treating him. I was sitting on a bench when I heard a stranger opening the entrance door. I quickly ran into the Emergency Room and locked the door. “It’s happening!” Soap said in a rasping voice. “What’s happening?” I asked in a confused voice. The stranger tried to break open the door. I took a surgical knife to defend myself. Once the stranger broke open the door, I ran towards him, stabbing him in the shoulder a couple of times. I noticed one thing: that the stranger could heal himself. So I stabbed him in the heart with all my might. The stranger stopped moving. “What have I done? What’s going on?” I said to myself. I took Soap out of the hospital and brought him to the car. I drove to get a jet plane. When I was driving, I asked Soap what the hell is going on. “The zombie apocalypse,” Soap gasped. “What’s the zombie apocalypse?” I asked, confused. “Some professor did some experiment and says that he could save lives,” Soap said. “Do you have anything to do with this?” I asked. “No, but I heard that Yuri and Price have something to do with this,” Soap said. “Yuri and Price? What have they got to do with it?” “I don’t know,” Soap gasped. “How were you wounded?” I asked Soap. “I fell down my apartment stairs when I was fighting with my neighbours, well they were already zombies so I killed them,” Soap said in an excited voice. That’s when we reached the jet plane.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!