A Crooked Wonderland

There was a straight man who had a straight personality. His hair was straight and his features were straight. He owned a straight business and walked down the right straight path. His family, a wife and twin boy and girl, is happy and straightforward and the dead person who lives in his straight house was straight. But the dreams that they all dream are crooked as hell.
The first to get lost in that small dream of this family was the man himself. Of course it is the fault of only choosing the straight path. He looked around to see that he was lost in a dreadful, dark and spooky place. A small boy came up to him and spoke, "Oh, dear Alice. You've gotten yourself in quite a tangle haven't you? Choosing the wrong path on EVERY SINGLE split, it is not something a human is capable of. Might I give you a fragile blue rose to keep you company? Or maybe a mighty sword to slaughter enemies. Do you prefer a small crown fit for a queen?"
The man frowned. He obviously disliked the name "Alice" yet the young boy ought to called him by that despicable name? It showed on his straight face that he was furious. His voice was shaking with anger but he remained calm and acted mature. He held the long, straight, sharp sword in his hand and held it high but immediately the feeling of horror washed over him. His face was smiling. But it was grinning in a fearsome way. Bloodthirsty and hungry, his straight nature was destroyed immediately and washed over with a crooked, evil spirit. His laugh was impure and tainted as he slaughtered and murdered all in his sight. His evil nature taking full control of his powerless body. Other than the red trail he left behind him, he was unknown to those who were alive. Trapped and forgotten, he was unable to leave the dark, haunted forest.
The second lost lamb was the dead corpse that lay in the house. The mysterious body revealed a fair girl, just about 15, with cute features and a straight personality. She, too, was lost. But not as much as the man. Her location was that of a beautiful green castle. The townspeople had gathered to see the outsider in front of them and enchanted by her beauty, made her queen of the land. Happy was she until her fear of death came and overtook her, making her the eternal queen of evil in this dream.
The third was the lovely straight wife. Her tempting beauty enough to make her a top hostess. Her gaze seemed to wander around as she strolled through a small village bubbling with people. Her gaze turned to the little boy her now dead husband saw. He smiled and gave her the last object he held in his hands. The sparkling blue rose. As she stared intensely at the rose, she had an idea to make the townspeople acknowledge her. Her gentle voice turned rough and cold as she sang the many false notes she created and became a popular idol. She was shot through the head by a mad woman and smiled as her rose turned red."I killed myself with the hands of another.", were her dying words.
The two twins found themselves in this land, not lost but through curiosity. They laughed and enjoyed their time here. "Sister we should go here!"
"How about this door?"
The intelligent younger brother and the stubborn little sister together received an invitation from the Queen of Hearts...
And together they lost the way back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!