Carnival Catastrophe

The carnival is here and everyone was happy expect Sarah who wasn’t so pleased,
Everyone at school was overly excited but Sarah felt sad and teased,
The time that she dreaded was the 100m race which she didn’t really think was fun,
With the sweaty dropping faces and the untied up laces, while sitting in the big, hot sun.
The oval was huge and all Sarah thought of was the sadness coming in light,
With the school students singing and the teachers all grinning, this wasn’t really Sarah’s best sight.
Her friends were getting ready and waiting for the gun that signaled them to start their race,
Both her legs were steady, and Sarah thought she was ready, but she wanted to go at her own pace.
The gun flings off and Sarah starts to run getting faster and faster till she stops,
She was getting really close, this was the thing she wanted most, so she sprinted till she saw herself drop.
The sweating was just dripping, while she saw her friends tripping, while they tried to just run and not stop.
She thought she came last, but apparently she’s fast, and she thought she would just go at her pace,
But she realised she is fast, and she did it till the last, and now we all know Sarah won the race!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!