Natural Power

Although it took him a while to convince his parents and his friends’ parents; everything would be ‘ok’. They would be looking for an old temple that was said to be very close to where they lived. One day the four boys were out riding their bikes. The oldest, Jack, was looking after his friends Bob, Bill and his brother Tom. They rode around for a while looking but they didn’t find anything. Jack was 23 and all the others were 14 except Tom who was 12. He eventually became tired and made them all go back and keep looking in Jack’s cop car. After they climbed into his car and looked a bit more until they came to the temple. As they walked in, Jack pulled out his gun in case there was danger. The companions walked around for a bit until they came to another large stone carved doorway. The doorway led into a huge, dark, scary room. In the middle, there was a table with four lights floating above it. They grabbed one each. Jack grabbed the white one and received the power of ‘Air’, Tom quickly snatched the red one along with the power of ‘Fire’, Bill picked up the blue, ‘Water’, and Bob gladly took the green one, ‘Earth’. They rapidly ran out of the temple because it was collapsing, amazingly fast. Just as Jack got out the whole thing fell to the ground. They went back to Jack’s house to test their powers. Jack went first. He blew the others away, literally. Tom set the rug on fire, Bill extinguished the fire and Bob made a little statue out of rock. They finished testing an hour later they decided to go and help those threatened and unfortunate people. They drove around for a while and found a man who was being beaten by a gang of thugs. They ran to the alleyway and screamed to the gang ‘STOP!!!!!!’ but they wouldn't. Jack decided to use more desperate measures. Jack made the gang float while Bob made four giant walls around them. Tom set the floor on fire so they fell then Bill flooded the tower so they floated to the top. They called for backup and hastily but quietly, ran away. The four used their powers more and more and they became heroes. This went on for a while until one day all of them except Jack were losing their powers. After three months Jack was the only one with powers. Two days later Jack had gained the others’ powers. Jack had to help people on his own from then on. Jack’s story was told all around the world and when he had a son he passed his powers down.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!