Magic Beach

"Get out of bed!” yelled your dad from downstairs. As you get out of bed you were just in time to see the appearance of the beach change from rough and rocky to calm and smooth. When I was dressed I quickly rushed downstairs and asked dad if we could go to the beach. “No way it`s too rough” dad said.
“But dad it`s not rough” you say to your father. “Look out the window son”, so you look out the window. “But two seconds ago it wasn`t rough” you say.
“Son, it`s been rough all morning” your dad says. “Do you think he knows that he's not allowed to go to the beach ever?” "Mum can I go to the beach or on the pier at least please?,” you say. “Okay, but only for a little while". So we go to the beach and have a little play on the pier. After a while at the pier… Ahhh finally we can go home and rest. “So what do you want to do?" “I don`t know, what do you want to do?” Tara asks (your younger sister). “Dad can we please go to the beach again some other day?” you ask.
“I promise that you can go once a week every single Sunday”. “Okay I`m going to need to have a rendezvous with you son” dad says “Why?” you ask your father. “Okay son, I think you`re ready to know something. You had pneumonia when you were born, and because it is always Winter down at the beach you will get very cold and sick, then die so we have never let you go to the beach, and you never will” your dad says to you. “Then why is it worth me living!?” you sob to your dad. As your dad goes outside you go to your room and you think “why hasn`t dad or my mum told me this yet?” you question yourself. “I`ll take him to the hospital” your mother says. Later on in the car… “But mum why do I have to go to the hospital, I don`t even have pneumonia anymore?” you ask your mum. “How do you know that?” your mum questions you. “Dad had a rendezvous with me” you tell your mum. “Mum can you please tell me the whole story please?” you ask your mum. “Okay son but you`re not going to like it. It all started when you had just come home from the hospital, you were young and healthy, so to celebrate we took you to the beach, but at that very moment you started to cough and then your eyes shut so we took you to the hospital and asked one of the doctors what had happened. He said this “you`re going to have to leave him in hospital for another four-nine months”. I said, no I can`t do that. "I`m afraid you have to, otherwise he will die.” “So that is what we did”.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!