War Of The Seventh Cycle

In a time where time flowed in a normal manner, there were two otherworldly beings in the heavens above. In your language they would simply be known as the gods of light and darkness but in ours they were known as Dashini and Rashini. The world lived in peace and harmony for one cannot exist without the other. Darkness cannot exist without light. So what if the darkness decided to take back what it thought was rightfully theirs. What if the darkness began to shun the light? In the seventh year of the seventh cycle conflict spread across the land. All eighty two years of the long war brought chaos and hardship not just amongst the gods but the mortals as well. As the battle for the heavens raged on so did many wars below. The reasoning behind these cataclysmic events being mirrored on earth was due to Dashini and Rashini’s broken bond. Rashini had broken the peace with his good hearted brother and an imbalance ensued. At first petty wars broke out over border conflicts and the conquering and sacking of nations. However worlds intertwined when the god of darkness himself gave his head to the mortals and became an entity on earth. Through this sacrifice Rashini believed he could conquer the mortals and the heavens in a day. Due to his narrow-mindedness and the rising of a new hero his plans were put on hold indefinitely. Zealdon Macillin, captain of the guard and leader of the Dragonspire Millita rose from the ashes to save the world and the empire. Initially a poor young farm boy turned swordsman he defeated the 10000 strong, Rashinian Army from the north…singlehandedly. His army also protected the imperial city of Iron hide and drove the forces back to the neighbouring country of Frior. Meanwhile whilst Zealdon and his Millita were congratulated for the apparent defeat of the Rashinian invaders, the real battle still waged up above. The eighty one year old conflict showed no signs of slowing down in the never-ending skies. However in the 82nd year something momentous changed the fates of the humans and the God, Dashini forever. With the Sword Of Solitude in hand Zealdon journeyed into the sky and together with the God of Light, defeated Rashini though critically wounding himself in the process. Now only the mortal counterpart remained. Zealdon pledged to track down the mortal Rashini and defeat him. Zealdon was never seen again once he journeyed to the Dark Lord’s lair. But he had left behind a son, an heir to continue his legacy. One day Zealdon’s son will come of age, slay the Dark Lord Rashini and free the world of his grasp. And when that day comes we will finally be free…free to make our own choices. Free for the reign of men to finally begin anew.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!