Night Mare

By Dana Creamer
Based on a dream in 2013

I run to a wooden door, I reach for the gold handle and pulled it open to only find a cold, dark room. I hear the monsters low growl growing louder, the sound of its steps getting closer. My heart leaps, I charge into the room. I slam the door shut and barricade the door with empty barrels and crates. Then I investigate the room for any light source. There are no candles or torches, I search the closet and I find a bottle of oil, so I fill up my lantern, the oil will only last an hour. The monster knows I’m in the room, I have a feeling its right outside the door, waiting. I once again heard the monsters blood thirsty growl, a mouse interrupted with a squeak. I was startled and spun around to see what the noise was, but then I banged against the desk and a glass cup falls to the floor with a smash. The monster knows where I am now; it starts to strip the door down, I panic and decide to hide in the closet. Just in time, the monster has got in, its mouth is gruelling, and its hands have long bloody claws, its head looks dragon-like and it has a man’s body, the monster also has black leathery skin with a red glow. It looks like a monster not to be dealt with, it then leaves the room. I step out of the closet, my hands are shaking my head is throbbing. I found a key in another room before I was chased by the monster. I don’t know what to use the key on, maybe it opens that chest over there under the desk, I thought. I pulled the chest out from under the desk, the chest is made of oak wood with gold lining and had claw markings all over it. The key fits perfectly, I open the chest, my eyes widen when I saw what was sitting inside, a small golden egg. I wanted to sneak it into my bag, but I then thought, what if there’s another monster inside the egg. But it’s too late, the egg starts to crack open, I quickly hid behind some crates. The egg smashes open, I peek to see what it was, a baby dragon. I was amazed by its golden scales, I leaned over the crates to far that a stack of them fall down and crash to the floor, I alerted the baby dragon and it seems like something that would attack me.
End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!