Health Inspectorosis

There was a young man named Kriss who was 15 years of age and had just bought a Savannah cat for $5000 from a cat breeder in Brisbane. Because of his purchase, he drastically needed money. Luckily for him he lived within walking distance of a take-away store called, Jacks Chicken. They had a help wanted sign on their door so Kriss had a job interview. The Interview went superbly well and he was promoted to working status.
A setback that Kriss had was his cat, Neo. Neo was just a kitten and could not be left at home. So Kriss decided to take Neo to work along with his water, food, toys, and the infamous “litter box”. Neo’s personality is very interesting. He likes to constantly talk to other humans and interact with them. He also loves Kriss like a father and would sacrifice his life for Kriss’s. Neo also has a very odorous litter tray.
Back at work, Kriss and two others were the only workers there, and so they promoted Kriss to the leader of his small squadron. For the first few weeks, the job went well and Kriss was earning his money back fast. However, after another week of work, the health inspector came... Kriss was not expecting something like this to happen so early, and because he was promoted to the leader, he had to manage it all himself. The health inspector had very strait, sharp hair, a suit, black glasses, a black tie and black shoes; he looked a lot like the character Mr Smith from the Matrix. Kriss didn’t know it, but the health inspector was allergic to cats and also hated them.
As soon as he walked in the door, he spotted a small strand of cat fur on the ground. He then picked it up, sniffed it, and sneezed. As Kriss had imagined the health inspector immediately wrote everything in his black diary. The health Inspector then ordered the chicken roll with chips. As he was eating the last of his meal, he saw a cat’s tail disappearing into the kitchen. He sprang to his feet and barged past the counter saying, “I must inspect your kitchen immediately!” Kriss tried to convince him that nothing was going on and he would be wasting his time. He pushed straight past Kriss and began to investigate the kitchen. Fortunately, Neo could not be seen anywhere in the kitchen, and Carl was busy cooking. However, the health inspector persisted. He entered the pantry. He had a sniff, looked up, and suddenly Neo jumped on the health inspector’s face, biting and scratching him! The health inspector dropped his black diary, sneezing all over the place, and ran off.
Kriss and Carl thought for sure that the store would be shut down and lose their jobs. However, as Kriss was reading the newspaper, apparently the health inspector lost his diary and his boss didn’t believe him! Kriss and the shop were safe, for now.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!