That One Girl

That one girl that walks through this school, everyday with her head hanging low and hidden behind her long, wavy, black hair. That one girl where the older students take advantage of, they pick on her, tease her and make fun of her as much as they can before the bell rings. She had black eyes, wore black clothes everyday. I tried talking to her once but, she walked off thinking that I was a bully. But I wasn't! I wanted to know what's wrong and I wanted to be friends with her. I knew how she felt, everyday being picked on and left out. That was me in primary school. Where in high school, I changed the way I act and it somehow got me more friends. On the inside, I'm a calm, quiet, smart girl, but the way I have to act now is all girlish and gossipy. I hate gossiping, but it was the only way to not be picked on or bullied. But now it's not about me, it's about her. One day, I walked into the school grounds and already saw some year 10s pushing the poor girl around, making her drop all her books and pencil case onto the floor. Other people saw the scene and only whispered to the person next to them or ignored it completely. This set me off, I put my bag and my stuff on a nearby bench and walked over to her and the others. They looked at me like as if I was a complete idiot but I ignored it and stood up for her. I told them to back off and leave her alone, or I'll call the teachers here and get them to notify their parents. They off course laughed but I kept my serious face on and kept using my knowledge to push them away from her. Eventually the bell went, and the year 10s ran off to class but I stayed with her and helped her collect her books. I was about to walk off until she said thank you. I looked back at her with a soft smile and asked her for her name. Her name was Melody, but we didn't have any more time to talk, so we gave each other our phone numbers and returned to class. The following afternoon, she sent me a text and started a conversation. We soon became close friends, closer than any other friends I've had.

After graduation, Melody and I were still close, in fact, after I got the money, I moved to the same neighbourhood she lived in right across from her own house. We both studied together and went to the same university. I studied to become a PC game creator while she studied to become a psychologist, to help the people that are in need of a good friend to talk to and their parents or pupils at school isn't enough. I made quiz like games that answered your questions to bullying or depression, and a few classic games as well. But we both were happy. And that's all I will ask for when I'm around her. For we will forever be, true friends, best friends.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!