Dark Skies Ahead

I took his hand and leapt, I leapt into the darkness, into the forest, I was going to survive this event and so where they.

12 hours earlier

Screams echoed, it was Nancy and Carter playing tag. My younger sister Brittany sat there, arms crossed, staring at them, she wanted to play hide and seek.

A plane flew over my head, that’s five today, the war must be getting closer.

The girls didn’t notice, I sat, worried. I’m going to pack, mum can’t be that stupid enough to make us stay, even if, I’d ring Aunt Tally she lives away from here, away from the war.

I opened my door, grabbed my bag shoved as much food, clothes, supplies I could fit, time for the girls, into there room, Nancy, then Carter and finally Brittany. I took the bags and took them into the shed, I open up the doors to the bunker; I’ve been building a bunker there for a while.

I jump into the hole in the ground and drag the bags down with me. “Chloe” Brittany ran into the shed, “ Duncan’s here, I’ll tell him your in your cubby”.
I look at her, “Remember, it’s not a cubby it’s a bunker”. She still took no notice of the bags and ran off.

Duncan strode in, “How’s it going? Still working on the Bunker I see” smirk spread across his face.

I sound swooshed over our heads, Duncan quickly pulled me out of the bunker and we ran out just in time to see two planes fly off in the distance, this was strange, not that there’s been eight today, not that there were two at the same time but it was how low they were flying.

Okay, time to ring Aunt Tally. I run inside and try the phone, phone line’s cut. Next I reach for the mobile, no signal, and we’re not getting out of here.

“Round up all the girls, bring them to the bunker, and don’t forget my Mum” it shocks Duncan into a sort of super speed. I run of to the neighbours, I knock on the door frantically, bang, bang, bang. I forgot nobodies home, damn, rich people.

I try getting cell reception, none. I start walking back to the bunker, looking up into the sky while I stroll I see a helicopter, funny, I’ve seen no helicopter’s this past week.

I jump the neighbours fence and see Duncan running, no, sprinting towards me. He grabs me and flings me back over behind the brick fence, like really who has a brick fence.
I look at him disturbed, “what’s your prob…” my sentence was stopped by a loud, ear shattering BOOM!!!

The sound has stopped, I look up to see a blur of colours, the house was broken but the shed was still in one piece. My eyes start working just in time to see a platoon of troops coming from behind the explosion.

I duck down “ we can’t go back, they’ll get found and killed, just for now we can’t go back”
“Then what do we do?”
“We run” so we ran at what seemed to be fifty kilometers in fifteen minutes but we were close, close to the forest, a good hiding spot.

I took his hand and leapt, I leapt into the darkness, into the forest, I was going to survive this event and so where they.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!