Ballarina Star


Ballerina Star!
It was a cold and miserable wet day at the Girls Orphanage in Eastern England. As Mary, the house Keeper at the orphanage, was dusting the corner of the window, she looked outside, and as she did, she saw a car zooming into her site. Dust was chasing after it like an angry mob.
Mary thought that was a bit strange, so she walked to the front door to get a better look. When she opened the door, a small parcel was on the front mat. As she looked up, she saw a dark figure running back to the car. Who was that person? As she bent down to have a look at what was inside the parcel, it moved! And to her amazement, there was a baby! Buzzing with questions, Mary picked up the baby and carried it back to the nursery.
Fifteen years later Hannah was in the grumps,
“I am tired of this stupid orphanage! There is nothing to do here!” Hannah was saying. Mary came in the room and said: “well you mightn’t be here anymore if you sign up for the Woman’s dance academy training program.”
“It`s when professional dancers come in to examine young teenagers and take 3 to come to the city and train for famous shows like Swan Lake. I think you will make a great ballet dancer.” Mary explained to Hannah’s questioning look.
Two days later, Hannah and the other girls were lined up in a very straight, very long line. A girl called Rose (the examiner) was pacing up and down the girls. Occasionally telling girls to do poses or do a spin. After an hour of dizziness and falls by most of the group, Rose had chosen her three.
“My three are Grace, Emily and Hannah!
“Oh my gosh! I actually got through! I better go pack my and bag!”
“Already done and dusted” Mary said joyfully. “I had faith in you the whole time!”
Hannah was to become an international super star at Ballet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!