Watching Is Worth While

I watch and I sit all day long. Watching the boy run, watching the girl sleep. I do nothing. I sit there all day and stare at the same I have been staring at for months. I see a lady cook I see a man drive.my life isn’t the best, I would go for any other life than mine, but watching is what I do best. I very rarely take a drink, I am watching every second.

There is a problem. My friends are getting taken into the house but aren’t coming back. I don’t know what is happening to them. I can’t help them though, my job is to sit and watch. It seems to be the adults not the youngsters but like I said, I have to sit and watch, I can’t help.

The man has stopped going off in his car. The woman seems to be spending less time in the kitchen and the girl and boy have not come out in days. One day there is about 6 people taken away at once and all I can do is sit and watch.

The days seem colder now.as I watch from where I am. I see the man in bed with the lady sitting beside him. She is softly talking to him. He seems very sick and she seems very worried. All I can do is sit and watch.

The man stays in bed. The woman cooks for him. The girl and boy play together. A doctor comes by one evening. I watch him look at the man, talk to the lady and leave. I see the lady sit on the kitchen floor and start crying. I would help her but I can’t.

It’s a cold day today. The lady, girl, and boy are all in tears. I watch the lady call a lot of people. I see the girl huddle up on her bed. The boy is out and patting the dog with tears in his eyes. Cars start turning up, not normal cars though. Ones with big, bright lights on top. People with big hats go into the house. I watch as they comeback out with a big black bag. This whole time I haven’t seen the man, it is like he just vanished.

The woman, boy and girl are all so sad. Witch now makes me sad. Less people are getting taken away now. I wish I could do more than just sit here and watch.

I am getting worried now. The woman is walking towards me. She picks me up and takes me inside. It feels amazing to be moving! I see things I have never seen before. Different angles. And then there is the fact of actually being in the house! I look out of the window at the orange blobs. And I think to myself, I am so lucky I am now in here, and not out there! She puts me on a board and I sit and wait for what she will do. This is all so exciting! This may be my chance to help! The girl and boy are jumping up and down yelling a strange word, sounds like “Halloween!” but I have no idea what that means. They seem happy, which now makes me happy.

Then with one swish and a happy memory of trying to help,I depart my wonderful life…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!