Ralph's Daring Escape

There was a boy. His name was Ralph. He was a professional spy in the under 12 division. And he had recently acquired some very top secret information from an evil spy lab that was planning to end the world. So now he was running full pelt in attempt to reach the clearing where the spy helicopter was hidden so that he could make it out alive.
So here he was, running as fast as he could, carrying the precious spy backpack that carried the blueprints of the secret weapon. But the evil spies were hot on his heels, never giving up. He was almost sure that they could see him, but he had no idea how close or how far away they were. He simply hoped that he could make it out before the evil spies caught him.
Soon, he came to a wall of rock, blocking his path in every direction. So now he had to think fast. What to do? Then, he noticed the small crevices up the sides of the rock face. He sincerely hoped that the crevices were strong enough to support him. So he began to climb. But he could hear the spy trucks and the guard dogs coming closer. Now he knew that his life depended on this climb.
He was nearly at the top of the face when his foot slipped, and he began to slide down. But he franticly began trying to stop himself before he hit the ground and was caught. He finally managed to reach the top and pull himself over onto the other side just as the evil spies began to climb. He then began to run again. As he ran, he checked his G.P.U. (Global Positioning Unit), and found out that he was about 5 kilometres from the helicopter pad. He knew he had to hurry. So he put away his G.P.U., and began running in the direction of the clearing. But just then, the first of the evil spies came over the top of the rock face and continued the pursuit. Ralph now had to run or die.
He now could hear the beat of the evil spies’ feet as they pounded behind him. He was running as hard as he could and almost fell into the river. But he had no choice. He plunged in and began swimming as hard as he could to reach the other side. He soon made it and jumped out, running towards the bright lights of the helicopter and safety. He just made it inside as the first of the stones that the evil spies were throwing hit the side of the helicopter. As the helicopter took off, the pilot said “So how did it go? Did you get it?” then Ralph said, “Oh yeah, I got it!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!