Oh Rover!

Oh Rover!

“Oh Rover, look at you! Off the carpet. NOW!!” yelled mum. Why shouldn’t I step through the mud to get my bouncy ball?
"Sorry mum” I said, but all that came out was a whine.I put on my big, brown puppy dog eyes, laid on my white stomach and begged for forgiveness.

My humans came home from school and I gave them both a big, wet sloppy kiss.“Eww” shuddered Cindy.
“Hi buddy,” said Jake. “Want to go for a walk?”
If there is one thing that I love more than a ride in the car, that’s going for a walk. “Righto,” I yapped.

As we got to the soccer oval, I saw a boy playing with a tennis ball, so I ran up to him and stole it. The ball was new and rubbery, and that gave me a good reason to run around like a maniac.
“Oh Rover.” sighed Jake and helped the boy chase me. It was fun.

After a while they got bored so I stopped running and started rolling around in the grass, which was still wet from last nights rain and then I shook myself off right in front of Jake. “Oh Rover” he laughed, and we started walking back home, even when Jake was soaking, he had a smile on his face.

Dad came in from out of the backyard from doing the poo-patrol and I thanked him with a jump but he said, “Rover, get down.” With all humans deserting me, I went searching for them.

Now the first thing you see in Cindy’s room is pink and the first thing you smell is perfume. I stuck my head in her pink bin which was shaped as a love-heart, and whilst it was quite difficult for me to get my huge head in it, I managed. I found a smelly tube of something in her bin so I ate it, just like the time I ate Jake’s soccer boots, Cindy’s Easter eggs, mum’s stockings and dad’s tie.
“Mmmmmm” I said to myself, licking my lips “minty,” and I went out to the backyard to sleep. I didn’t feel so good.

The next thing I knew, I was at the vets! THE VETS!! NO! I hate the vets!
“Oh Rover,” said Jake shaking his head at me, “the vet said toothpaste isn’t good for dogs.”

Well that explains a few things.

The vet then stuck a cold thing that went ‘beep’ into an area where cold things aren’t meant to go, gave me a nice tasting tablet and I fell asleep again.
When I woke up I was in mum’s car pulling into the drive-way.

I felt really weird.
First, I wacked my head into the front door because I thought it was open, then I thought a big puddle of mud was my bed, and I bet you know what happened then. I walked into the house and Jake, Cindy, mum and dad all said, “Oh Rover!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!