Old Box

My Story
Hello, our names are Sam and Michael. We are brothers and tonight, the 20th of April, 1987, we are going to explore the Newcarlton Caverns. Our hearts are jumping around with excitement. We are heading out the front door with our heavy packs. We walk in the caverns, its 10 to 4 and we are halfway in.
We see a box with a little teddy leaning against it, dust caught in its fur. The box needs a key. I thought I’d caught sight of a key earlier; we split up to find the key.
Then Michael screams, “I FOUND THE KEY! Let’s head back to the box.”
I yell, “I’m lost!”
Michael runs. He tries to find me. Then…Bam! Michael runs straight into me and I fall on my backside as dust flies into the air.
Michael sneezes, “Aaaaccchhooo!”
We run back to the box. We place the key in the keyhole; Michael tries to open the box while I am blowing the dust off the teddy bear. Michael is still trying to open the box.
“SAM STOP BLOWING THE DUST OFF THAT STUPID TEDDY!!!” yells Michael.
They yank and lift. Then Michael falls on the ground and faints. I am trying to open the box and then something strange happens. The box slowly opens. What is in the box? What happens to Michael? You’ll see next time.
To be continued…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!