Olden Day Way

The bells were ringing. What did it mean? It was the year 3002 and princess Bella was awake and running towards her father. She was silently begging, and hoping.
***
Summer was usually Bella’s favorite season of the year but not since her father had died. She had no other family except her puppy Toto and her sister Hope, who hade a killer disease called Olden Day Way.

The following day Princess Bella was in her chamber when her royal guard rushed in.
“What now,” she asked.
“Your royal majesty your subjects are waiting for you to be crowned at once.”
She replied by saying, “I refuse to be crowned before my sister is better.”
“But that might take forever your royal highness”. The guard replied.
“Well I am willing to wait and care for my sister she is the only living family member I have apart from Toto, and I better get going, so be off with you.”
And with that out of the room she went.
***
Acchhoo! Cough. Splutter. Acchhooo!
“Aar get out of my bedroom cant an old lady have some peace on a normal Wednesday?” “And by the way don’t tell the media I’m turning 100 they’ll all be on me back.”
“Princess Bella you are only 25 you have got … Olden Day Way!” “Stop telling me this nonsense I am not a princes and you’re not my guard, so get out of my bedroom and let me sleep.”
***
“Princess Bella awaken and listen to me.” As Bella woke the strange ghostly like figure in front of her started speaking. “I am the spirit of the future the world needs you and your sister to rule the empire of fantasy we cannot afford to loose you.” “If you want your sister and yourself to live listen carefully for what you must do.” “Think of who you are your individual person not those around you never forget my words Bella.” And with that it was gone. “But what was gone?” Bella thought to herself, all she knew is what must be done and how she was going to do it.

And from that day on Queen Bella and Princess Hope lived a happy life with each other. Oh and don’t forget Toto and her four puppies, Buttercup, Louise, Bark and Woof.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!