Bang Goes Earth

There was once a peaceful race of people known as Earthlings on a planet called Earth. The clever earthlings had calculated that a HUGE comet was going to hit earth in about one year. Over the next twelve months one particular earthling, named Rish, worked hard to prepare what he his friends would need once the comet hit and they were flung into deep space.

Finally the comet struck the earth and Earth went...KABOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!! and all the earthlings were flung up into the sky. Thankfully Rish had prepared for this outcome by inventing spacesuits with jetpacks that could propel him and his friends forwards to their new home, a planet called Bang.

With this amazing invention they flew through space at lightspeed. Although when they finally reached Bang they still collapsed to the ground exhausted. As Rish was lying on the rough, rocky surface of Bang, he heard a strange noise. Opening one eye, he saw something unusual slithering through the rocks towards them.

The creature had lots of teeth and appeared to be half snake and half spider. Rish thought to himself that the creature probably looked worse than it actually was, and if it could be tamed it could be a very useful type of transport.

The team jumped up and Luke, the most reckless of the group, pulled from his jetpack a specially designed knife that could also shoot arrows and fired a shot. He missed and the creature slunk away but as they followed it with their eyes, to their astonishment they realised that they were surrounded by thousands of these strange creatures.

Rish called the team together and shaking his head in dismay announced that there was no choice but to use the Brain Buster Ray (aka The BBR). There were gasps of surprise as they had never used the Ray before. Slowly each one of the group pulled out a separate piece of the BBR from their jetpack and they started to assemble it.

Soon this powerful machine was ready. As everyone raced for their safe spot, Rish prepared to take aim. His plan was to switch the BBR to “brainwash” mode and turn the creatures' thoughts so that they thought the Earthlings were their friends and would help them with all their transport needs.

Rish glanced at Luke and saw that even he was terrified. What happened if the BBR didn't work?
With trembling hands and hair standing on end Rish slowly turns the control.

A buzzing starts to fill the air and everyone looks around in hope. But then...nothing. The BBR was a failure.

Just as the team thought there luck had run out, the spider snake closest to Rish wagged it’s tail, buried its head into Rish's hand and licked him. The team cheered with joy - the Brain Buster Ray had worked!!!

From then on the Earthlings and the snake spiders were the best of friends.


THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!