Just Imagine

I heard a painful shriek in the distance as my whole world went black. The mermaids, princes, castles and carriages all faded…
Emily – Ann sat up in her bed. Her head spinning as she realised her night time world was all a distant dream. But it had seemed so real. If dreams really could come true than maybe one day she would hold a prince’s hand and ride off into the distance on a pampered white horse. She would have a jewelled, golden crown placed on her head as all the other servants of the kingdom bowed down before her. But she couldn’t think about that. She had school today. No, today was a public holiday! Dad’s boss was coming over to do business talk with her parents for the morning. She hurriedly rubbed her eyes and looked at the clock. 9:45am…WAIT!!! Mr Jenson was coming at 10 in the morning and Dad would be furious if she didn’t have an ironed dress on.
She came out of her room and realised that her hair was in a mess and a car was pulling up out the front. White and glossy just like the mane of her horse in the dream she had last night. Her day dreaming was so rudely interrupted by a faint but very loud noise.
“FLY AWAY YOU PAINFUL BIRD AND NEVER COME BACK!!!” yelled the man in the black suit.
What a look for the business thought Emily, After all what was a bit of poo? She remembered her science teacher saying germs were good for our immune systems.
Mum came out behind her and ran a brush through her hair. Emily spun around and realised her dad needed a job even if it meant making the toilets sparkle as much as Mr Jenson’s bullet proof car. The doors were probably 11 inches thick just like the president of America’s. “You won’t be seeing your brother this morning because he and his room are in a dreadful mess.” said mum. YES! An only child for a morning thought Emily - Ann. If only it was like that all the time.
A robust, tall and grumpy man stepped cautiously through door to check it wouldn’t collapse. Okay, maybe their house wasn’t in the best condition but really, not necessary. Emily whispered to her mother “That’s not how Dad described Mr Jenson. He said…”
Mum interrupted by quietly explaining that if Mr Jenson’s security guard scared her, she could go to her room. The door shut and the light went on. Emily searched the shelves for the title she wanted, opened the bookmarked page of her latest Jackie French book and started to read. Ready to get lost in her imagination all over again!
The End!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!