We Can't Wait!

Bye Layla," said Katie.
"See ya soon Katie," started Layla, "and remember your suitcase! You don't wanna be in the same clothes for three days and two nights at camp!"
"Ha ha, I won't but even if I did it would be too exciting to even have one thought about what I would be wearing!" giggled Katie excitedly.
"True" Layla nodded. "I just can't wait!" said Layla. It almost looked as if her eyes had been stretched in to two, big, shiny apples!
"Same," Katie started, "but I better go, bye!” squealed Katie as she was turning around to leave for her bus.
"Bye" said Layla then she turned and left.
Later that night both girls could barely sleep! Katie felt as if she could run a marathon at that moment and Layla was waiting for her Dad to come home from tennis late at night. The girls went to bet at 8:00 and ended up going to sleep at 11:00. They both sort of forced themselves to sleep because they both knew that they had to get up at 5:00 in the morning!
"Get up" shouted Katie's mum, "it's time to get ready for camp!"
"What!" said Katie, "but it's still dark."
"I know, but it's time to go!"
Katie thought that she hadn't had any sleep but she had, had six hours. Katie's bags were already packed. All that she needed to do was get dressed and do her hair.
Before both the girls knew it they were at the bus bay boarding the bus. They waved to their parents and off they went on their school camp.
“Are we there yet, are we there yet,” asked Katie.
“Katie be quiet, these parent helpers are gonna think that you’re strange!” laughed Layla
“I think it’s too late. I’ve been getting a few funny looks already!”
Suddenly Katie, Layla and the rest of the kids on the bus felt a loud vibration coming from the engine. Katie looked up at the rear view mirror and saw the bus driver. He had a worried and confused look on his face. The noise went away after a while and the trip just continued casually. Katie and Layla enjoyed playing a few hand clapping games. All of a sudden, out of the blue, the noise of the vibrating engine reappeared. This time things got serious.
"It's okay kids," said the bus driver.
But things weren't okay and Katie soon figured that out when the bus ran out of fuel.
So there they were, a busload of kids, teachers and parent helpers in the middle of nowhere. Katie couldn't believe what she heard the teachers saying!
"Okay you can call the A to M families and I’ll call the N to Z families. Tell the parents to come pick the kids up ASAP!" they said.
Katie couldn't believe her ears.
On Katie's sad and boring trip home she dozed off. After all she had been very excited about her school camp and that stupid petrol tank ruined it all. So really there was nothing else to do but sleep.
"Get up Katie!" shouted Katie's mum.
Katie sat up in her bed very confused. "But mum, it's dark!"
"Well what do you expect? It's Five O'clock" she said.
Katie was getting confused! "But why did you wake me up this early, it's not like it's camp."
"Well it is." Katie's mum said.
"Really? So u are saying it was all a dream?"


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!