Virtually Cursed

The day I was born stars shot down to earth, planets fell out of alignment, the world stopped revolving and destiny ran for its life. I am eternally cursed and this is how. Firstly my legitimate father left me at an orphanage when I was born and divorced my mother for giving birth to a Satan spawn. It has been fifteen years since then and my life still has no meaning or no purpose.
Day in and day out I stare at my cell phone and dread every notification I receive. “You’re so fat and ugly. Your face is the size of Jupiter. You smell worse than a skunk.” 24/7, this is all I read and hear. Is it just because I’m not in the 'popular group', or because I don’t pull my skirt higher up for attention? Maybe it is the fact that I don’t wear the entire Maybelline warehouse to school. Visitors come to our school and tell us to stop cyber bullying and when I come home I find that people have posted mean comments and inappropriate pictures about me.
When I try to tell someone, they threaten me, they say that they will tell my mum my test results that I faked, or the number of detentions I got this week.
I have eternally become the target of all bullies, as though I walk around with a “bully me” sign on my back. My parents don’t seem to find cyber bullying harmful and say that’s it’s a part of life. I honestly look at myself every day in the mirror and hate what I see, because of the people that constantly remind me of my flaws. I’ve lost all my friends and even my best friend has started calling me nerdy toad face. I am sick of everything. I don’t look forward to the summer holidays because that’s when it reaches its height. I hide in the toilets during lunch, and during my favourite subject; P.E I pretend to have a stomach ache.
I have stopped feeling on the inside and my humanity is slowly dying. Physically I have no scars to show, but on the inside I am the only person who knows how bruised and beaten I feel. The only time I feel myself is when I am alone in my room speaking to myself, like right now. If this how life is supposed to feel like, then I don't want one.
I am no longer remembered by anyone, they’ve found a new target. Now that I look back I wish I had told someone. Who cares if my mum found out about my detentions! So what if I failed a test. At least they would know that my name was not Nerdy Toad Face, its Karma Stinson. I was not fat and ugly, I was who I want to be. I was not a whining coward; I was a cyber-bullying victim.
Make a stand against cyber bullying. It is real, so stop pretending that you are not! Your words can make a difference. Your actions could save a life and YOU could make a stand! Don't think you are nobody, because you are somebody and your actions could join with mine. To make a movement against cyber bullying!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!