A Face Without A Name

What could she tell you about her life? How would you understand?
You don’t know her world, her world that is filled with a deafening quiet,
All she’s ever known are mouths moving without a word,
She stands there unable to voice her frustration, unable to hear yours.

What could she tell you about her life? How would you understand?
You don’t feel the distance, the distance that guards all others from her,
It lingers behind her, everywhere she goes,
No matter how hard she pushes, it doesn’t budge.

What could she tell you about her life? How would you understand?
You don’t see her reach out; your world is blind with eyes!
You turn your face, not meeting her eyes, not wanting to see her pain,
But you know there’s a mountain of agony building up in her heart.

Can you understand what this child is trying to tell you?
Do you hear her screams of silence in your loud, ignorant world?
Or is she just a face without a name to you?
Just a face without a name.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!