Leo's Survival

Leo's survival

I never knew my life would end up this way
and I'm going to tell you about it, it all started like this...It was an awesome day and dad let us hang out with Mina, plus he's the chief of our lion pack and he said we could go by ourselves! But the down side was we had to wait until 9:00, it took ages but finally it was time to go.
First we went to Jutlo Jungle, as we were exploring I tripped on a stem, so did Mina and we both stumbled down a hill. As soon as I looked up I saw a monkey and he said “Hello, my name is Mico”.
I said in response “Hi, my name is Leo and her name is Mina”.
“Would you like me to lead you out?” asked Mico. “Yes please, we're lost” I replied.
“Follow me” answered Mico.
He sure did know his ways around the jungle, because it was quite big and there were a lot of optional paths. While he was leading us out, he asked if we needed help finding our pack, and I was happy to say Yes!
Once we were out of the jungle a crowned eagle spotted us, it swooped down to grab us, but thankfully we dodged it. I felt very relieved. Mico said “You run, I'll distract him”, he climbed up a tree and jumped on him. We ran and ran, “We'd be dead meat, I'll be sure to thank him later” I said.
We ran off to Tri - Headed Cove but as we were about to enter the cove, Mico jumped in front of us and I exclaimed “How did you get here? “Monkey magic” he responded.
“What's monkey mag...never mind” I said. After that we entered the cove, it was a cool run down place, it was a bit gloomy, well at least we thought it was cool until we saw a bat sleeping, and it was gigantic! Then an iguana crawled up and warned us “Do not awake the bat, or it will hunt you. Sorry I haven't even introduced myself, my name is Iggy” he said. “He seems like a nice lizard” I thought in my head and I answered “Hello my name is Leo and her name is Mina and finally he's Mico. Enough of that now, let's try to get out of here”, so we all started to crawl.
Mina stepped on a twig, THANK GOD he didn't wake up. Mina took another step but this time the bat awoke and started to chase us.
We ran but this time we made it out with no problem and we were headed for Shake A Lake! But when we arrived we saw a beautiful butterfly in fact it was so beautiful we all chased it, though we fell in a river and no one could help us and we fell down a waterfall.
We didn't know where we were until I recognised Jutlo Jungle, then Mico remembered the way to Tri-Headed Cove, and finally Iggy spotted Shake A Lake and we found our pack!
Iggy and Mico ended up living with us because they had no family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!