Under My Bed!

I don't know how it got there. I don't know what it is. All I know is that there is something under this dreaded bed of mine. I first heard it a few days ago, but then it was just an occasional shuffle. But now I can hear growling, tapping and even louder shuffling. I was getting scared. Suddenly there was a knock, knock, knock at the door and then ... Mum walked in and said "Tea's ready darling!”, so I walked down stairs and ate hoping that I could get to sleep later on.
After dinner I walked upstairs and into my room. I walked to my bed. But as I was climbing into bed something pulled me under! I screamed as loud as I could. But I knew it was hopeless, so I closed my eyes and waited for it to kill me. Then I realised that it was still dragging me. I didn't know that under my bed could be so long! I opened my eyes and realised that I was no longer in my room. I was in paradise with sandy beaches, 5 star resorts, crystal clear water and blue skies. It was the type of place you would see on a postcard.
Then I looked at what was dragging me. It was a terrible sight! It had a crocodile's head, an armadillo's body (with spikes), tiny clawed feet and a long tail. It seemed like it was taking me somewhere special, because we were heading for a large castle. It had shimmering walls and a huge entrance. As the large gates opened, my mouth dropped open too. Inside was a red carpet leading up towards a magnificent throne. Sitting on the throne was a beautiful lady with long red hair, pink lips, blue eyes and smooth skin. Her dress was pale blue and sparkly shoes were hidden under the long folds of her dress.
She looked at me and smiled. "Who is this Gummy?" She asked the crocodile creature who had stopped dragging me by now. "It is Amaya... The one you were looking for" said the creature whose name must be Gummy. "Aha, come with me Amaya." She said. I walked towards her weirdly as my back hurt from all the dragging. "Sorry for the method of getting you here, but I need your help" she said. "By the way my name is Rachel Tooth fairy, in case you were wondering "she said.”Wait! Are you the tooth fairy?" I asked. "No, that's my mum. I live here, at Crystal resort. The thing is I don't want to be the tooth fairy. I'd rather start a resort here”. “Wow!” I said, “Under my bed! Cool!"
"That brings me to why I need your help. I want visitors!" I stared at her with my mouth open. “You want me...Amaya Cross, to help you, get visitors?" "Yep" she answered happily. "Okay" I said uneasily. Then suddenly I woke up with posters, coupons and summer passes to crystal resort. I knew what to do. I climbed out of bed and did my morning jobs before going to school with a very heavy bag.
I stuck up posters, handed out coupons and gave away some summer passes. In the end, half the school got something just in time as that was the last day of school. The next day there was a line outside the house. I allowed them to come in and to go to the reception area. Even though my bedroom got incredibly crowded, Rachel was really happy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!