Zayne + Luke A Sad Love Story

Zayne was running. Branches tore at him, creating cuts all over his body. He jumped over bushes and brambles in his desperate attempt to escape his pursuer.
Three days ago he committed a crime that went against all beliefs: He kissed another man. The man whom he kissed was his lover, Luke, and they had been together – secretly – for 3 years. They were both 18 and were about to travel to a different country so they wouldn’t have to live in fear. Luke was killed on the spot and Zayne fled for his life.
He turned back to see how close his pursuer was, but he didn’t see him. As he turned back to continue running he caught his foot under a root and fell, tumbling down the hill a bit before he came to a halt. He lay there for a moment, listening for someone to come running, but he heard nothing. As he got up he was hit hard in the back of the head, knocking him out cold.
When he awoke he was in a dark, cold room. He shivered as he sat up. He stretched his hand out and felt something cool. He tapped on it, the sound echoing through the room. It was metal. He was about to tap again when he heard footsteps coming closer. He backed up against the wall as the door swung open, filling the room with bright light.
“Get up!” The guard grabbed Zayne by his collar and roughly pulled him to his feet. “Let’s go, and don’t try anything stupid, ‘cause if you do you’ll have a bullet in your head before you can scream.” The guard grinned, thinking himself very clever. The guard pushed him ahead. “Get a move on! We don’t have all day!” Zayne walked forward reluctantly, knowing he would be going to certain death.
The guard continued to push him forward until they reached a big, red, oak wood door. The guard rapped on it three rimes. It opened to a room with a fat man with a white beard, two chairs, and a table. The guard was dismissed and the fat man gestured for Zayne to sit, so he did. The fat man sat in the chair opposite and spoke, “You have been accused of a homosexual act, how do you plead?” Zayne’s heart started pumping. “Uhh…um…” The fat man stroked his beard, “Well?” Zayne looked down, “Guilty.” The judge sighed, “Zayne Christopher Oliver, you are hereby sentenced to be hanged for committing an act of homosexuality. I’m sorry.” By the look in the judges eyes Zayne could tell he truly was sorry.
He was led out and onto the platform where the hangman waited. The crowd cheered. Zayne found his mother’s eyes and nodded. He walked over to the hangman, who tied the noose around his neck and patted him on the back. He pulled the lever and he dropped, breaking his neck.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!