Was It A Dream?

Annabelle was fast asleep, dreaming about a beautiful and hidden forest with great big trees and a sparkling waterfall. A smile lit up on her face whenever she dreamt about this hidden gem. Suddenly she heard her mum calling her from the kitchen. “Annabelle, breakfast is ready!” The smile stayed on Annabelle’s face as she got up and went downstairs. “Hello mum, what’s for breakfast?” She said, pulling a chair out from the dining table. Her mum smiled, Annabelle knew what that meant... pancakes! Her dad came downstairs to where Annabelle and her mother were. “Yum pancakes!” He said.
After Annabelle got dressed, she ran downstairs and out the door. She walked around the corner to her local park. Annabelle ran around the park for awhile and then fell asleep under a big shady tree. She had a different dream about a magic necklace and how it could see the future and teleport someone to where they wanted to go.
Suddenly, Annabelle woke up. But she wasn’t at the park anymore. She looked around. She saw great big trees surrounding her, bushes with exotic and colourful flowers on them and... A sparkling waterfall! No it couldn’t be! She shook her head and looked around again. It was the hidden forest in her dreams! Annabelle smiled at the wonderful sight, it was incredible. She heard the clean and fresh water from the waterfall flowing and splashing into the rocks with a loud bang! If only her parents were here. Speaking of her parents, Annabelle couldn’t find them anywhere! She suddenly felt scared and trembled with fear.
Annabelle walked around, tears falling down her face. That’s when she heard something! “Hello!” said a small and quiet voice. Annabelle jumped. She looked down and saw a small creature looking up at her. “I am Snooplez Wigginhem, leader of the Mijlings” Snooplez added, now smiling at Annabelle. She didn’t say a word. After ten seconds at staring at the little Mijling she finally spoke. “Hello... I am Annabelle and I am lost” Annabelle managed to say. “Well don’t worry, you are safe in my forest” Snooplez said in a cute voice. Annabelle had never seen a Mijling in her dream ever! “Follow me I have something that might help you get home.” Annabelle followed Snooplez. When they finally reached their destination, Snooplez grabbed a small, dangly object. “This is the necklace of Medora, my mother. It can see the future and teleport the person that is wearing it. BUT, you have to be true of heart” Snooplez said, gazing at Annabelle seriously. Annabelle put on the necklace. She saw her hugging her parents in a small bubble. She then thought of her house and suddenly she was teleporting. “Bye Snooplez, thanks for everything” she said, waving goodbye.
Annabelle woke up. Yes, it worked! She was in her house. She then hugged her parents. They were confused. Annabelle told them everything about the experience. She wondered, was it a dream?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!