I Am Light

The city was drowning in atmosphere of happiness and joy. Every human being would smile whilst walking past a stranger or perhaps sing a merry tune when walking to work. I look around me; my life’s work is standing there right in front of me. I had caught every dark feeling, every pain, every negative thought or self-doubt within the atmosphere. I had gathered them, and then thrown them in the river of tears, never to be seen by any human being again. Your probably wondering who I am. I am always there, but never seen. I cheer others up, but not by hugging. I may know you, but you do not know me. I am selfless, I am caring, I am light. I catch the tears from children who are bullied. I lift up the spirits of those who have been neglected. For those who are labelled as outcasts, I remove their labels. For those who have their hearts torn apart, I stich them back together. Every sniff, every sob, every tear and every cry, I will be there to remove the pain that calls to me.
I walk through and all I see is light until I feel darkness pulling me to my right. I feel an aching and throbbing feeling within my head. I clench at my heart as it is in utter pain. My legs feel weak, like they could just snap like a twig. I immediately turn and find a little girl, crouching on the side of the road, sobbing out loud. Auras of misery and pain what is this madness? I couldn’t have possibly missed anybody. I automatically ran towards the girl and inserted my hand into her heart. Hope, happiness and glee were transferred through my hand and into her heart. Another cry broke out of nowhere. Is this some kind of a practical joke? That can’t be another citizen that is upset. I look to my right. I women was leaning against the store, hysterically crying. She was crying so much that she could create an entire dam. The pain got worse. My head was spinning and legs were shaking.
A scream came across the end of street. A fight was beginning. One man swung a punch to the other. The other ducks and kicks his shin. My whole body is on the floor, trembling in agony and pain. Will this chaos ever end? A gargantuan and eerie shadow hovered over me. I slowly lift my head and almost faint to see what is in front of me. It is darkness. He is always there, but never seen. He puts others up, but not verbally. He may know you, but you do not know him. He is darkness. He craves innocent souls and murders spirit and aspiration. I look around me . The world is falling apart, and so am I. He did this to me. I gently melt into the ground. Hiding in the gutters, never to be seen again……..

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!