WASH IT AWAY

Finally, the long awaited day I had been anticipating arrived!I could still barely believe that I would be going on a five star cruise ship holiday.
I quickly ran across the room to where my younger sister Rose was sleeping.She was seven!
"Wake up, wake up,sleepy head," I cried.Today is the day of our adventure. It took Rose a few seconds to realise what was going on.Once she came to her senses she was out of bed too.
As we walked into the kitchen we both heard mum muttering to herself."Bags packed, beds made, house locked." Wonderful, soon we'll be ready to go.
We eventually arrived at the passenger terminal where we had our passports stamped and boarded the gang plank onto the ship. Immediately a porter showed us to our suite.
The first few days were spent exploring the nooks and crannies of the ship. It was splendid!
On the third night , as we were getting ready for bed , we noticed a storm lurking in the horizon. As Rose and I tried to fall asleep,we could feel the ship tremble and lightning struck three times.
By morning, I was relieved the storm was over. I found it strange to be lying on the floor.I must have rolled out of bed,As I wished my parents a good morning they looked at me in a strange kind of way.
"Who are you child and what are you doing in our cabin?"
"What do you mean?" I asked perplexed."You are my parents."
"You must be lost dear," and with that they took me to the captain. On the way I heard my mother whispher to my father that I must have hit my head the night of the storm and lost my memory.
The captain asked my parents what was troubling them and they explained the situation to him.The captain had no idea what he was going to do with me and then my mother suggested I stay with them until my own parents are found.
Days passed as they should ,however during the nights I pondered upon my dilema.How could I ever get them to believe me?
The next day, I walked around the ship looking for a child my age.Maybe I can tell her my problem I wondered out aloud. She must have heard me for she approached me and asked what was wrong.Lea was her name.
I told her the story from the very beginning. She was totally absorbed with what I had to say.Finally, someone who believed me!
Lea contemplated the problem for five minutes then exclaimed excitedly ,"I have an idea."Lets wash the ship clean with soap and water. By doing so we can wash away all the confusion. However we must be finished by the stroke of midnight for that was when the storm had struck.
With only one minute remaining we had only a fraction of our task completed.I was frantic!
But then our attention was drawn to the horizon. "Ahhh I screamed, it's a tidal wave coming our way."We hurridley ducked for cover.
On the stroke of midnight the tidal wave hit!
Everything was dark and eerire for a few moments.But then I opened my eyes to find all was as it should be.Rose ran up to me and asked why I seemed to be crouched down.
Lea gave me the thumbs up. It worked!
"But how ?"I asked for we didn't have time to wash the ship.
Think she responded. The waves washed it for us and with that the confusion was washed away as well.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!