Dave's Life

Hi I’m Dave, I am writing a journal about my life. My life is unusual, it is different to everyone else's life, it’s difficult. I have not many friends, no job and I don’t see my family anymore. I use to be a scientist, I had lots of friends and we did lots of experiments together. One of them didn’t work out as we expected. It was a normal day and we were mixing different ingredients together, like we usually do. One of my friends Alex tripped and spilled a working progress on me. The results were scary. I have green hair, red body and grey eyes. I destroyed our lab and killed my friend Alex. Everything was an accident but no one believed me. I was put in jail, sentenced for 50 years.

Two days into my sentence and I mutated again and I was strong enough to break down the wall. This was my chance to be free. I must stay out of sight from any relatives and friends. I have my own life in an abandoned castle. I try my best to stay out of sight. It’s hard because I have now lived 4 years in fear. I have a secret lab under my castle just for experiments. I am working on an experiment to un-mutate me for good. It’s harder than you think. I am all alone with no one to help me. I’ve decided to break into a lab and kidnap a scientist to help me. This is going to be hard.

My plan is I am going disguised as a scientist with my old clothes, then I sneak into the lab, I will hopefully kidnap my friend Steve. Steve is the one that mixed most of the chemicals in the concoction that mutated me… Maybe he can mix chemicals to un-mutate me. This plan must work or there are no more chances. I have to be quick because someone will notice that Steve is missing and then the hunt will be on for me. I can’t blow this. I can’t go back to prison.

I am in the lab and I’ve got Steve in a sack I found. Now I need to get to the castle. Phew I just missed a policeman in his car. That was close. Right, so I’m in my lab and everything is working. Steve is scared and worried but I calmed him down. I explained why I kidnapped him and that I need him to make a new potion mixture. Right. Now he finished the potion and it is ready for testing. Here I go. I’m drinking it. I feel weird and dizzy. Yes the potion worked.

I have let Steve go. He has promised not to tell anyone. I still can’t go outside, the police will recognise me and I will have to go back to jail. I will start a new life in France and then, at last, I will be free forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!