We Are All The Same

!BANG! Goes the landing bridge and thousands of Cambodian’s got off the boat and arrived at Australia. All the Australian’s were looking at the Cambodian’s because they weren’t from Australia and they weren’t welcome. A little 13 year old girl called mealea came off the boat she was scared because the Australians looked angry and they were shouting and holding posters saying “GO BACK HOME” and “YOUR NOT WELCOME” mealea could tell that they weren’t happy.
Mealea went to a refugee centre so she can live in. there were some nice lady’s taking care of all the young children that don’t have a family. Because they have died. The next day mealea went to school when she got there many children were laughing at her and calling her names that made mealea depressed. There was one girl called Jessica that would hang out with mealea and stand up for her. Mealea’s teacher would help her learn English so she could speak to the other students. When mealea went to go get her bag she opened it and there were eggs in her bags that made mealea sad so she started crying and she ran home.
One day Mealea’s friend Jessica was sick of everyone calling her names, being racist, and pranking her. So when everyone was calling her names Jessica got on the table and shouted “!STOP! I’m sick of everyone calling mealea names just because she’s different no one knows what she’s been through she saw her own mother and father get killed right in front of her eyes”. Jessica got off the table and everyone went quiet later on that day mealea got a lot more people that would stand up for her and be her friend.
Mealea was so happy the next day because she went to school and no one was calling her name or saying anything because most to the people in her grade were friends with her. A few week later mealea could speak a lot more so she could talk better with all her friends. Mealea got a English buddy so she could help her with speaking and writing. After school mealea got home the lady’s told her “pack your bags because a family is waiting for you” Mealea packed her bags and went to her new family they opened the door. Mealea found Jessica and her family on the other side of the door. Mealea ran to Jessica and hugged her because her family adopted her. A few weeks later mealea could speak English and she didn’t need her English buddy anymore mealea had friends and no one was mean to her mealea live great in her home with her new family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!