Where Is Te King?

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

Where is the King?
Once upon a time Sweetie was bored because her dad (the King) was away and she missed him. But she didn’t mind because the more time he was gone the more stories he collected and Sweetie loved hearing her dad’s stories.

Every day he came home at tea time. But one day he didn’t come home, not even at dinner time or bed time. When Sweetie was safely tucked in bed she started thinking worriedly why her dad hadn’t come home. Then she had an idea.

Later that night she put her plan into action. First she checked if the coast was clear, then she went out into the city streets. First she checked her dad’s office which was in the newspaper factory. Then she checked the city square but he wasn’t in either of them. “Where is my dad” she muttered under her breath. She looked all around the city but he wasn’t anywhere. At last tired and sad she checked the last alley of all, and there… was her dad! “Dad!” she shouted. When he heard this he stared at her in amazement because he wasn’t expecting her. After he recovered from the surprise he slowly explained Sweetie the story:

“I was going home like usual. Then I bumped into this tree that is right next to me and I sprained my ankle and I stayed here with this pain. I couldn’t call you because I left my phone at work and I couldn’t get up because it was very hard to do it by myself.”
After that Sweetie helped him up and together they slowly went home. They stopped once to buy the princess a hot chocolate.

When they got home Sweetie’s mother (The Queen) was surprised and angry because Sweetie had run away from home. She started scolding her until her dad said: “She is the one that found me”. When the Queen heard this she organised a royal party the following afternoon to celebrate that everyone was at home now.

The end.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!