Scared Into Sunnyville

One day a girl called Ginger was in the forest looking for some berries and saw a mysterious stranger in the distance. She walked a bit further away just in case he was dangerous. Finally she found some berries and collected them for her family. She started to head home but couldn’t find her way back, so she just stayed there hoping someone would find her.
Then she saw that same mysterious stranger she had seen earlier. She started to run away, but when she started running, he started running too! He was faster than her and she got so puffed that she had to stop running and hide behind a tree. At that moment, Ginger saw a decorated portal and decided to jump in.
Inside was a very beautiful world of happy people and clear ponds with amazing animals. Ginger was scared even though the people and animals there were really nice. A girl that was playing with a skipping rope ran up to Ginger and welcomed her to the world of Sunnyville. Sunnyville is a place where everything is happy and joyful. The girl’s name was Harriet and she was on duty to show new visitors around. They even had a new and much decorated electronic device that looked like a computer, but the key board only had arrow keys and ctrl, alt and delete buttons on it and the rest was on the screen like a touch pad.
Finally Harriet showed Ginger to an empty but fully furnished house and said, “You can stay here for as long as you like but you must pay one flower a month to stay. Good Luck!”
Ginger thanked the girl and headed inside. She was getting worried that her parents and sibling’s wouldn’t know where she was, but then she realised she was in a safe place and when she gets back she will have a great story to tell everybody.
Ginger started to collect some flowers around the village and hid them in a safe place in her temporary home. After one month, she paid a boy called Jack and told him how beautiful and nice this place was. He thanked Ginger and head off tho the next house. Ginger walked outside and started playing with three friends she had made, Jeremy, Daisy and Holly. They were very nice to her and told her about everything she had to know to live in Sunnyville, including paying with flowers, always wearing a flower in her hair, showing a sign of happiness and peace and last but not least going to school if you are under 15. School was very fun in Sunnyville, all you had to do was get there at 10:00am learn Art, History, Technology and Reading not forgetting Acting/Performing. But sadly one day Ginger had to leave Sunnyville, she had a great time but not forgetting to tell her family the scary, exciting and beautiful place she visited.

Emma Shewring
Year 6, Age 11, St Dominic’s School
145 Highfield Rd, Camberwell East 3124.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!