THE 3 DAY RACE

“Everyone at the starting line…. ON YOUR MARK…. WINGS READY…… GO! “
He’s onto the first bend, a hard and crucial part of the race. Under the web and over the branch and um ar AAAAA !!!!! A bat. “Hey Buss I need to tell you something.” “Like what? You want to eat me I already know!” and as quick as a blink away Buss flew, but just as quick Bob followed.
It has been 10 minutes and both are still going. But wait. Oh no! Buss has just flown straight through Creepy’s web! “Great. That is going to take all night to fix!” said Creepy. But wait here comes Bob. This time he has taken Creepy with him and oh he is only hanging on by a leg or two. “Now this, this is going to take a whole week to fix!” cried Creepy.
This is crazy the start of the first night and still no one has given up, how long will this go on for!
The second day and they are still going. And here comes the huge willow tree that has the hollow middle! But ah Buss has a fantastic idea yes oh so clever. “I will go up the tree so Bob can’t follow because he’s too big,” said Buss. So up he flew and started to slow down when he heard a scratching noise! What was that he thought and then he saw the one thing he didn’t want to see…BOB!
It was amazing he had actually managed to fit up the tree! “Buss, please can I tell you something now!” asked Bob. “If it’s can you eat me then NO!” answered Buss. And up and out the tree he flew with Bob hot on his tail.
On through the night they flew right up till morning until….. It was the last straw, Buss had had enough and fell down and down onto the lily below him, and so did Bob.
After 5 minutes of trying to catch their breaths, Buss finally said, “You can eat me, I gi…gi…give up!” said Buss.
“But I don’t want to eat you all I wanted to tell you is your mum wants you to finish your homework!”
THE END BY OLIVIA EGAN

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!