Paradise Beach

It was a scorcher. It was 45 degrees in Melbourne everyone was ready and excited to head down to the all famous Paradise Beach where the water was as blue as the hot summer sky above, the sand made a loud crunching noise as you walked upon it, and don’t even get me started on all of the beautiful women. Anyone who was anyone was going to be there, well everyone except for me. On the hottest day in all of history mum decided to ground me, and all because I was cutting my toenails in my older sister’s room. I honestly didn’t think that I caused any real harm I mean you could’ve just picked them up off the floor like a normal person would, but no Mum just had to ground me.

When sally got home she went off at me “WHAT KIND OF SICK DELUSIONAL PHSYCO CUTS THEIR TOENAILS ON A BED.” She roared

I explained to her “I needed a comfortable place to cut my toenails and your bed was the most comfortable spot in the house”

Sally just looked at me with a firm death stare, panicking in the corner my mum had to calm sally down so she let her go with her friends to Paradise beach. So there I was thinking to myself about how the cool breeze brushes my long blonde hair backwards and me surfing the 10 foot monster of a wave, and all the beautiful women cheering me on. Mum had a book club meeting she had to go to so I was home alone. So I got to thinking mums book club takes 2 hours. So I did what anyone would I ditched the house and caught the first bus to paradise beach.

I finally arrived at Paradise Beach and it was amazing. All the stories were true you couldn’t get any better than this. I bolted straight down but as I was about to attempt my triple summersault I saw sally jump out of her best friends red jeep. Sally would have killed for the chance to get me into trouble and seeing me at Paradise Beach would have been the perfect evidence to ground me for life.
I had to find a way to hide, a couple of little girls were digging a big ditch for some unknown reason so I made like a banana and split.

“FINALLY” I screamed sally was gone she went to the high school party over on the other side of Paradise Beach so I was clear. But I soon realised that it was getting dark and I had forgotten about Mum. So I ran to the bus stop but it was taking to long so I ran and I ran and I ran until I got to the drive way of my house. The light was on in the kitchen so I knew she was home. I snuck around the back and climbed through my bedroom window but there she was…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!