Wisteria Of Love

Excellence Award in the 'Write As Rain 2014' competition

I was casually walking from another finished day of work. I glance to my left and see a luscious, violet Wisteria tree.
“Pretty” is what I think to myself. Unexpectedly I see a girl with beautiful, shiny, brown hair cycling past the Wisteria tree on her bike. Suddenly I hear a girl scream. I turn around and I see the same girl lying on the ground in front of a car.
“Hey you! Man in the suit! Can you help me?” shouts the old man who is shaking in shock, standing in front of the girl. I run as fast as I can, “Yes do you want me to call the ambulance?” “P... please I didn’t mean to hit her it was an accident” he says in fear. “It’s okay” I reassure him. The ambulance arrives and carries her in to the van. Personally I am terrified myself, even more than the man who hit her in the first place. “Excuse me. Do you know this person?” asks the ambulance officer. I gaze at the old man talking to police officer. “It was an accident. She came out of nowhere I swear!” he pleads. I am terrified. The ambulance officer turns to me. “Sir. Do you know this person?” “Yeah I know her” but that was clearly a lie. Still there was something about her that made me feel like I must meet her. “Okay come along with us in the ambulance.” I step in the van and sit beside her and gaze at the unconscious angel. “Oh, by the way, do you know her name sir?” enquires the ambulance driver. “I look at her Mc Donald’s name tag. “Yes her name’s Sakura and it’s been I long time since we have seen each other,” another lie but I have to hear her voice just once.
We arrive at the hospital and I sit outside where the surgery takes place. Waiting for the surgeon is like waiting for the wisteria tree to bloom, or for spring arrive after an interminable winter. “We are finished,” the surgeon says. “Sorry but I have to leave.” I say. I stand up and exit the hospital not knowing why I’m leaving but feeling like it is the right thing to do.
A tortuous week passes. I wake up with a headache like drills in my head. I get up, make a coffee and look out the window but all I see is a reflection of a fool. “Why?” I question myself. I grab my keys, leave my apartment and open the door of my car and sit in the driver’s seat. I start the car then find myself in front of that wisteria tree the day I meet her. I grab a purple petal from the tree just wanting to see her face one more time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!