That Flight

Tucker, jump all ready,’ Sarge exclaimed, even though the pilot said we weren’t even there yet. I was at the back of the plane thinking of what would be down there, I shouted to Caboose and asked, “Where is the drop zone?”
He thought for a bit then sat down and kept thinking and said, “Sheila will know,” then said abruptly a Red was on the plane. I had no idea what he meant by that but at the base the overseers said that a Red soldier (bad guys in the story) was in the cargo bay of
the of our plane; it could be nothing I kept saying to myself but I couldn’t shake the feeling that it was something big. Just then we heard a bang next to the plane we all rushed to the side of the plane one of the engines were on fire! Sarge looked at us in a funny way then put his helmet on he had a gruffer voice and said, never trust a Blue and jumped out the plane.
Then there was another explosion this time the plane’s right side was torn off, the wind was rushing through my hair, it irritated my eyes. I rushed to my helmet that was rolling on the floor but just then I tripped over my rifle, but just then the plane took a sharp turn to the left then helmet rolled onto my arm and I quickly put it on my head. I saw Caboose and Tucker put theirs on too. I heard the click and the a rush of air as the air lock strapped to my suit of armour then the emergency walling sliding down what was left of the right side of the plane.
Then Caboose came running towards me with something in his hand. “It’s a jetpack,” he said. I asked, “Where did you get it from?” He just said, “There’s a box of them next to Tucker.” I asked, “Does he have one?” “Yeah he found them,” said Caboose. I looked around and I saw Tucker thronging up out the hole in the plane. I went to the cockpit of the plane and saw the pilot drinking the orange juice. I shouted at him but he didn’t even look at me. I put my hand on his head but my hand went through him it; was a hologram.
The plane was on autopilot. I ran back to where Tucker and Caboose were standing, and I told them the plane was on autopilot. They said they already knew that. I told them to put their jet packs on and just then there was another explosion under the plane and the bottom of the plane got ripped off so I told them jump out of the hole. So we jumped, I saw Caboose and Tucker activating their jetpacks so I tried to use mine but it was broken. Just then there was a bang and the remnants of the plane fell and I locked up my armour and then you found me. “Ok, take him away.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!