King Kong

Running through the jungle with our lives at stake, my brother and I, Heather Fox, reached a small, gloomy, dark cave with a jagged boulder sealing it. We longingly dived into a tiny opening in the side of the cave and we could hear each other’s hearts thumping in unison and terror as the monster chasing us had obviously stopped until we heard muffled grunts and groans and a gale wind of hot, smelly air came swarming over us.
“Ahh!” my brother screamed in fright and desperation.
“Ha, ha!” I shouted back, one life lost!
But then I saw it. At first, just black mossy fur, lots of it but moving up massive razor sharp teeth coated in blood stained saliva. The sight was horrific! Even worse, in its thick leathery hand, was Rory.
I didn’t know what to do or say to such a beast. Staring at its muscular and hairy chest, I could tell it had been in fights before because of the deep scars. Staring into the creatures bloodshot eyes, I saw a life of pain, destruction and anger. Well my sympathy didn’t last long.
“Heather, duck!” though it was too late.
A big hand with pointed claws smashed me to the hard rock floor and flung me up into the air in front of its messy face and roared. I already knew I had lost one life, so only two left. So that’s where the smell came from I thought but no need to think of that now because I was being splattered in the face and chest with food parts and spit. Gross!!
After it stopped, I opened my eyes to see that we were on the move and I was grateful to hear my brother’s voice again.
“I think we’ve met King Kong. You know the human eating gorilla.”
“Yes, I know.”
After what felt like ages trudging along in the jungle, we reached obviously what King Kong called home. It was a gigantic cave and inside conglomerations of bones were scattered everywhere. I knew what my brother was thinking so I just looked at him and we gulped in horror at the sight but in the centre of the cave were two tall trees with thorny dead vines hanging down.
“Looks like he was expecting us,” said Rory, his voice shaky.
I felt the same.
King Kong, obviously pleased with himself, dropped Rory to the ground and he landed with a thud. King Kong then threw me to the tree and tightened the thorny vines around my torso, neck and legs until I could feel the thorns digging deep. He did the same to a very sore Rory then, as if to eat us, he opened his mouth and….
“Mum,” we both screamed as she went to pull out the plug from the wall.
“You two had better stop playing that useless King Kong video game and come and have dinner. Now, please!”
Game Over.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!