Major Car Crash

It was just a normal Saturday, going to watch my sister play soccer, playing with the neighbours and going to see my pa. Although he has dementia he is super fun and the best thing I do on Saturdays. Today was different it wasn’t one of your fuzzy greeting kind of day.
SCREECH!!! I dashed outside my heart pounded against my chest, my face was as bright as a shining star. The smell of rubber breached my nose. The sea of smoke in front of me covered my eyes so I couldn’t see a thing. Suddenly a ray of sunlight created a gap. There was a wrecked car beneath. The car was all smashed up like it had rolled several times. The sirens echoed through my ears. This didn’t sound good I muttered to myself.
The fire fighters had arrived. They jumped out of the truck, their bright yellow jackets shone in the sun. Their shirts almost blinded me with the reflectors reflecting in my eyes. They all ran to the back of the truck and put on their bright yellow helmets. I had to look away for a second, it was way too bright. I wonder what all this is for, I thought to myself.
The fuel was pouring out of the car. There was so much it could fill a dam. My nose twitch as the fuel gets stronger and stronger until… BANG!!!! The car caught on fire. Suddenly there was so much movement, I couldn’t keep track. The fire fighters were like bees swarming to protect their hive. I lost sight of a fire fighter; he was putting his life on the line. Worried for his safety I started to panic. How many people would lose their lives today because of this one car accident? Would the fire fighter’s family ever see him again?
All of a sudden I saw a yellow flash through the smoke. The fire fighter exited the smoke with the poor man in his arms. The smell was hurting my nose. I felt sick to my stomach. The person’s skin appeared as though he had been out in the sun all day. He only had clumps of hair here and there on his head. His body was shaking in shock. My heart wasn’t pounding anymore it was throbbing. It felt like my heart had been pulled right out of my chest. My soul had been ripped to pieces. I was only a witness to this horror. How must the family feel?
The fire fighter didn’t look like a bumble bee any more he looked more like a rat. His shoes were covered in ash from the fire. I walked inside I had so many questions. I looked outside my window. My heart throbbing. My eyes shed some tears. How did the fire fighter feel saving someone’s life? I have too many questions.
I tottered outside with my heart still throbbing my soul, still ripped to pieces. I toddled over to the fire fighter. I stated that he was a hero. He simply replied,” I just do my job and never lose hope.”
I used that saying for the rest of my life!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!