Rainbows

Rainbows are pretty.

There is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow which you can run forever to get to it.

They come out when it is rainy.

Rainbows are simply beautiful multi-coloured arcs of light in the sky.

Rainbows occur when it is both rainy and the sun is shining.

To see a rainbow, you must stand with your back to the sun, otherwise it will not be visible.

The main colours it gives off are red, orange, yellow, green, indigo and violet. These colours are called the colours of the spectrum.

As an experiment, you can use a prism to separate these seven colours from the white light that we see.

A rainbow is a light refracted through millions of droplets of water.

You cannot touch a rainbow.

An easy way to remember the colours is to think of them red, orange, yellow, green, indigo and violet.

It is impossible to get to the end of a rainbow, because they move away from you all time.

By Lilly Gillett 3M
St Pauls Rutherford

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!