Under My Bed

One day when I was little and naughty, my mum and dad told me to go to sleep. So I walked into my room, but instead of going to sleep, I was bad and played games on my iPod.
I heard footsteps coming towards my door and I thought it would be funny to hide under my bed, so I did. My dad came in to check on me. I giggled thinking that it was funny. My dad looked worried, so I thought I should give him a hug. Then all the sudden I was falling down a hole. I screamed for my dad, I had no idea what was happening.
Then I was I was on my bed “it must have been a bad dream” I thought to myself. I went back to sleep. When I woke up, my neighbour was flying in the air. I thought he was just jumping really high on his trampoline. I walked into the kitchen to get my breakfast. My Mum was zooming around. “Dad, why is mum on roller blades?” I asked.
“Sydney, are you okay? I think you should go outside and get some fresh air” replied my Dad.
“Okay…?” I said.
I went outside and saw my neighbour again, but this time he was actually flying! “How are you doing that?” I asked very surprised.
“What do you mean? I’ve been flying since I was born!”
“What?” I yelled.
"Everyone has powers, don’t you remember? Any way I have to go now, see you later” said my neighbour Jack.
I kept on walking down the street and I noticed that everyone had powers. Then I realised that I was in a different world. I kept walking down the street, when I saw Carlos the school bully, he was using his powers to jump really hard on the ground to make his sisters fall over. I felt bad for the girls, they were my friends! I got angry, so angry that I discovered my power was to make a big whirl wind. Carlos fell over and I grabbed the girls to make sure they were okay. Then all of the sudden I was back in the real world, on my bed.
I learned 2 things that day, 1: don’t go under my bed and 2: to obey my parents.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!