Electricity

I was just about to step into my laboratory when I stopped in my tracks. I remembered that Eliza could be anywhere, so I had to prepare myself for the worst. I pressed a button on my wrist controller which caused a spherical force field to cover me. As I continued walking through the door, I saw Eliza standing in front of me with a proud look on her face.

“How did you break through my secure electrical anti-theft system?” I questioned in amazement.

“Easy, I just walked through, and since you weren’t near your Laboratory, you didn’t hear the alarm, so I just shut it off”

I was still standing wondering how I could have left such a loophole in my security system. She shot her hand down to her hip, and grabbed the electrical powered gun from her holster. She whipped the gun out while spinning it around her finger like an old fashioned gunslinger. She looked at me and laughed.

“Hahaha, your time has come my friend! Well, not friend but…YOU HAVE FINALLY CAUGHT UP WITH YOUR FUTURE!”

She shot me without thinking that I would have out-smarted her. The electrical bolt that shot out of her gun hit my shield and sent a ripple of electrical bolts around my spherical shield. She made a frustrated grunt while dashing to my control panels.

“What are you doing?” I shouted, bewildered.

“I'm getting rid of the connection between your wrist and the control panel, so then your shield will be no more!” she said with a huge grin spreading across her face.

A blanket of frustration fell over me, making my body shake from head to toe. I sprinted across the room rushing for my incredibly enhanced version of her electrical pistol. I was aiming for her body, but I have terrible aim when it comes to guns, so I ended up shooting the control panel, helping her with her plan to destroy me. She looked at me with an even wider grin which then slowly turned into a frown because we both heard the noise that no child my age ever wants to hear, EVER!
The school bell rang indicating the end of lunch time, Eliza and I walked to the door heading back to our classroom. While we were walking she said

“You know, if it weren’t for the bell, I would have got you.”
I then had to think quickly and make up something to say, but it didn’t come out as I would have liked.

“Yeah, but, I would have…left with my INVISIBLE JETPACK!”

And she then came back with something that I didn’t think of

“Wasn’t that the cause of your demise last time? Well, anyway, see ya at school tomorrow, and then we will see who wins."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!