Olivia, Come Back!

The little girl and her mother stood near their house, staring at the sky, which was now glowing with a creepy purple light. Their dog, Sam, was hiding under the girl’s bed. A violet cloud was moving slowly towards the small, lonely house in which the girl, dog and mother lived.
“We have to go away, Olivia,” her mother said. “Aliens are coming here and I don’t think they are friendly. When we go, we shouldn’t take anything with us because we won’t be able to run very fast.”
“What about Sam, Mummy?” whispered the girl.
“Olivia, we can’t take Sam with us. He has got a sore leg and can’t run. We can’t carry him because we will be unable to run fast enough. It’s better to leave him here,” replied Olivia’s mother.
“But, Mummy, Sam is my only friend! We can’t leave him here to be taken by the aliens,” cried Olivia.
“I’m sorry, but we have to leave him. Let’s run, the aliens are getting closer!”
Her mother began to run along the road, holding Olivia’s hand. After a while, she couldn’t feel Olivia’s hand anymore, so she turned around to look. But Olivia was gone!
With horror Olivia’s mother understood that her daughter went back to stay with Sam. She ran back to the house just in time to see Olivia and Sam disappear into a giant, tube-shaped object.
“Oh, no,” Olivia’s mother cried. “Olivia, come back!”
But the girl and the dog were gone, as the aliens’ spaceship flew away. Olivia’s mother realised she would never see her daughter again. Crying, she stood up and walked back to her house.
Meanwhile, Olivia and Sam were being pushed up the tube by an invisible force.
“Where are we?” wondered Olivia.
Suddenly they stopped. Next, their faces were being sprinkled with a pink liquid. When they finally came out, Sam and Olivia saw an alien! It had four eyes, tentacles, violet skin, and was about two metres tall.
“Mob, mob,” it said. “Gluggle pick oo kark.”
Olivia nearly laughed, but managed to keep her mouth shut. The alien slithered into a large room with lots of machines. Olivia and Sam followed it.
The alien shouted loudly. A lot of other aliens came out of everywhere. The alien that shouted started giving them orders in their language. Then Olivia and Sam were thrown into a huge hole that seemed to have no ending.
Sam yelped, and Olivia screamed. They fell deeper and deeper into the hole. Suddenly, everything became white and Olivia saw herself near her house. She and Sam walked in, noticing Olivia’s mother. They walked up to her. But her mother didn’t seem to notice Olivia.
Then Olivia’s mother fell asleep and Olivia saw a door appear above her mother. Olivia went in and realized she was in her mother’s dream! In the dream, Olivia told her mother everything that happened, and promised her that she would visit her every time her mother was asleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!